Tuesday, April 21, 2009

writing

I am fascinated by the writing and sermon development process. I'm always trying new approaches and learning new things. It seems like every week I am learning some new wrinkle, some slightly new development. Sometimes i wonder if I'm remembering the old lessons. I wonder if I'm losing good ideas because i am not finding a good way to catalog them.

Today, I am intrigued by the use of the "track changes" feature in Microsoft Word. I usually work straight out of my Logos Bible software, and that is open and ready for reference. But today i like it that I can automatically see what I have written that is new. Then I can go back and systematically accept or reject any of those changes.

Also this week, I am trying to write my way through the sermon process. In other words, like I've learned to do for other kinds of thinking, praying and thesis work, I am writing my way through the thinking process. I believe that will be more helpful in sorting out the thoughts that I believe God is giving me through the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment