Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Danger of Comparing

This week we have the privilege of having my new friend Matt Wilkins leading revival services at Seaford. Matt is a fellow Kentuckian. I grew up in the southeastern part of the state and he in the western part. It’s been a joy to get to know him this week and to hear him preach. I can’t remember exactly how he described himself last night, but let’s just say the boy is intense. I didn’t know someone from Kentucky could talk that fast! I love it.

So after listening to him for a couple of days, it just so happened that I needed to listen to a bit of my most recent sermon from last week from Hebrews 13. I don’t listen to myself often, it’s actually a good practice for the sake of evaluation. But after listening to Matt, I sound, well, different than Matt.

At any rate, my good friend Rick Lin asked about my sermon’s being recorded so here’s my message from last Wednesday evening. It took us a few days to get it posted due to some computer issues and in fact, it starts about a minute or two late, so it misses the intro. The recording level is also a little strange at the beginning, but that gets adjusted within the first minute.


I’m also posting in my notes from the sermon here. They may not make a lot of sense, as they are just my bulleted points, but they are there if you want to see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment