Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Embracing God as the Fountain of Living Waters

I've always been challenged tremendously by the following words from the prophet Jeremiah:


Jeremiah 2:13 (ESV)
13  for my people have committed two evils:
they have forsaken me,
the fountain of living waters,
and hewed out cisterns for themselves,
broken cisterns that can hold no water.  


So today I'm focusing on what it means to do the opposite of what this verse says. What would it look like today for me to fully embrace God as the fountain of living waters? I believe that there active ways that we need to do this. I don't think that we should see this as only another way of speaking of the moment of salvation, but that there is a sense in which we need to actively embrace God in this way each day. I don't want to try to outline what I think that might look like. Rather, i would recommend that you have that thought in your mind and allow the Holy Spirit to prompt you as to what change needs to happen for this active embracing to be happening with your soul.







2 comments:

  1. All too often I feel as if I'm still the old wine skin and God keeps trying to fill me with new wine.
    Ed upshaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gene, great post. We can have a Huge impact on this world if we embrace that thought on a daily basis. Not my way God, but yours.
    Butch

    ReplyDelete