Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What God Knows

I'm back after taking about 10 days off for vacation.

I’m always on the lookout for ways to equip people for worship. I collect quotes and songs in my bible study software that I want to be able to use later on for either corporate or private worship. What follows is a couple of paragraphs by Matt Chandler from his book The Explicit Gospel that I've adding to my worship file. I believe you will find it helpful to add to your arsenal of material to wake up your heart and mind to the greatness of God. 
How deep is the wisdom and the knowledge of God? God knows every word in every language in every sentence in every paragraph in every chapter of every book ever written. He knows every fact of history past and future, every bit of truth discovered and undiscovered, and every proof of science known and unknown. 
In our age, science and faith have become pitted against each other, like yin and yang, as if there is no overlap, as if we must choose one or the other. The Scriptures don’t present truth that way though. God owns it all and is so high above our brightest minds that they seem brain damaged in comparison.  
Matt Chandler (2012-04-09). The Explicit Gospel (pp. 25). Good News Publishers/Crossway Books. Kindle Edition. 

1 comment:

  1. Gene, I'd like to have you visit on my blog sometime, if you are willing. It is Overcoming Through Time - With God's Help (www.carriefancettpagels.com) Glad to find your blog. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete