Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Simplifying Prayer

This morning I'm wondering what I and many believers I know are missing by not thinking harder and believing more radically what Jesus says here:

Matthew 21:21 (ESV)
21 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen.
There's plenty of room between praying that sounds like its ordering God around and straightforward prayer that dares to take Jesus at his word and pray with a lot more faith and confidence than I sometimes do. It's easy for me to get stuck in my praying so that I'm not exerting much faith. I want to spend more time allowing these simple words of Jesus to jolt me back to reality to the sort of praying that Jesus invited us to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment