Loving Jesus But Hating the Church
Reproducing Faith, Part 3
1. Know that God uses people you don’t expect
2. See that grace is required for all to come to God
3. Note that God is at work when and where you don’t expect
22 They departed and went into the hills and remained there three days until the pursuers returned, and the pursuers searched all along the way and found nothing. 23 Then the two men returned. They came down from the hills and passed over and came to Joshua the son of Nun, and they told him all that had happened to them. 24 And they said to Joshua, “Truly the Lord has given all the land into our hands. And also, all the inhabitants of the land melt away because of us.”
Questions for Further Discussion
- How can we address judgmentalism and prejudice in our hearts so that we authentically express openness and welcome to all kinds of people?
- How can we develop the kind of faith in God that trumps all other allegiances?
- How can we determine where our ultimate allegiance lies?
- How do we structure our church so that we we communicate a balance of both grace and truth? How can we attract people who are not like us?
- How would you describe what it means to fear God? How is a healthy fear of God developed?