Compassion and Conviction: Applying the Gospel to Abortion
Know Why You (Can) Believe, Part 3
1. ____________ the weak.
Jer. 22:3 3 Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.
2. __________ as the church.
3. Be _______________ about the issues.
4. Be _______________ about the issues.
5. Find a way to __________
Questions for discussion:
1. What role should people of faith have in the debate regarding abortion?
2. What examples can you give of where you have seen disciples of Jesus do this well or where you have seen them do this badly?
3. The sermon makes the point that only the Holy Spirit working in believers to develop his fruit, especially self control can faithfully address this issue? Do you agree or disagree and why?
4. How do you understand doing justice and righteousness?
5. Discuss how each the functions of the church play a role in the long range influence on this issue?
6. How do you find information that you trust regarding the issues surrounding this subject?