Hasn’t Science Disproved the Christian Faith?
Know Why You (Can) Believe, Part 7
Romans 1:18-25 (ESV)
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
Three lines of evidence for the existence of God. (there are several others)
1. God makes sense of the universe’s beginning
2. God makes sense of the universe’s complexity
3. God makes sense of objective Moral Values
Questions for Discussion
· To what extent do you value education?
· Do you think Christian parents fear their children getting too serious about science because they are concerned that it will turn them against God? What are the possible responses to this challenge?
· What evidences for God mean the most to you personally?
· How can a person rekindle a thirst for learning?
· Have you been guilty of ridiculing those who believe differently than you rather than seeking to challenge the ideas they hold?